Alternate Hurricane Evacuation Routes for Rio Grande Valley
- A. SH 100 from SPI/Port Isabel − travel to US 77/83 northbound, then to US 77 to Raymondville, continue North on US 77 to I-37 in Corpus Christi and northwest to San Antonio via I-37 – Green Solid & Dashed Route (Available only if Corpus Christi is not evacuating).
- B. SH 48 from SPI/Port Isabel west to US 281 (Military Highway) in Brownsville and continue west on US 281 to South Pharr, then turn on US 281 North to US 83 West and head west to Laredo
- C. CONTRA-FLOW ROUTE US 77/83 − travel northbound from Brownsville to Harlingen, then west on US 83 to the Pharr Interchange, then North on US 281 to I-37 to San Antonio –Dashed Blue Route (Motorists could be re-routed from I-37 to US Highway 281 just west of I-37 to San Antonio as traffic demands it − Solid Blue Route). I-37 from Corpus Christi to San Antonio is also a contra-flowed route.
- D. SH 186 from Port Mansfield/Raymondville–travel west to US 281 and continue west on FM 1017 to SH 285 in Hebbronville, then west on SH 359 to Laredo or north on SH 16 to San Antonio − Orange Route.
- E. SH 285 in Falfurrias − travel west to SH 16 in Hebbronville and continue north on SH 16 to San Antonio –Maroon Route.
Hurricane Evacuees need to consider the travel path of the hurricane and their destination when choosing their evacuation routes. Listen to local authorities and emergency broadcasts about weather and highway conditions.
TxDOT will have courtesy patrols on major roadways.