Plan and prepare for hurricanes
Hurricanes are major threat to South Texas. Here’s information on how to be ready.
- LINK: Hurricane tracking map (PDF)
Here’s where you can print your own tracking map
- Making a family plan for disaster
Talk about how to prepare and how to respond if a disaster occurs.
- South Texas evacuation routes
Find out what roads are in your area. Which roads are more likely to be closed in a heavy rain event?
- Emergency phone numbers – Power outages
Emergency phone numbers and information on power outages in the event of severe weather conditions
- County emergency management numbers
Find the Emergency Management Service number for your county.
- Current closings and delays
Be sure to register your organization and check here for closings.
- watches and warnings (What do they mean?)
To help you better understand how weather can affect you. Here is a explanation of weather watches and warnings.
- What exactly is a hurricane
Learn about hurricanes — how they form, how they behave and how forecasters watch for them.
- Send KVLY photos, video
We want to see your photos and video of weather moving through the area.