Oxford Dictionaries added a bunch of new words to their online database . . . and we’re basically turning the English language into a lame celebrity gossip blog. Here are the ten dumbest additions and their definitions.
- Side boob. The side part of a woman’s breast, as exposed by a revealing item of clothing.
- YOLO. “You only live once,” the view that one should make the most of the present moment.
- Adorbs. Arousing great delight, cute or adorable.
- Hot mess. A person or thing that is spectacularly unsuccessful or disordered.
- Throw shade. To publicly criticize or express contempt for someone.
- Amazeballs. Very impressive, enjoyable, or attractive.
- Bro hug. A friendly embrace between two men.
- Cray. An abbreviation for “crazy.”
- FML. [Eff] my life! To express dismay at a frustrating personal situation.
- Douchebaggery. Obnoxious or contemptible behavior.
Luckily they’re just new entries in Oxford’s online database . . . NOT the Oxford English Dictionary itself. Words need to have more historical, significant impact before they’re added to the actual dictionary.