Check out 6 tips for a better Memorial Day barbecue
- Serve less meat, but buy the expensive stuff . . . grass-fed beef, dry-aged steaks, and wild seafood. Anybody can grill a hundred burgers for 20 people. You can make people remember your party if your meat TASTES GOOD.
- Focus on the vegetables. Instead of chips and salsa, serve charred vegetables with dipping sauces. Or grill vegetables and puree them into fresh sauces for your meat.
- Make your own rub. For a dry rub, just throw some paprika and chili powder together with brown sugar, oregano, salt, and garlic.
- Use high, medium, and then low heat. Put a high-heat flame on the left side of the grill to get your sear marks. Then cook the meat in the middle on medium heat, and then move it to low heat to keep warm.
- Keep track of cooking temperatures. Food poisoning will wreck it for everybody. Cook everything at 140 degrees or above, and smoked food should be cooked between 180 and 220.
- Serve fruit for dessert. Nobody saves room for brownies and ice cream. Just grill up some slices of pineapple, peaches, or mango. You can also serve them with angel food cake, toasted right on the grill. (Lohud.com)
We would love to hear what you think about this story.
Getting a Call From Your Boss on Vacation Is More Stressful Than Bungee Jumping . . . Here Are the Top 10 Reasons They Call
Light rain starting in 11 min., stopping 25 min. later.
NEXT 24 HOURS
Rain throughout the day.
Light rain throughout the week, with temperatures rising to 94°F on Tuesday.