17 Rappers Who Had Surprising Past LivesOctober 16, 2013
The unstoppable list-makers at Buzzfeed.com have put out a rundown of 17 Rappers Who Had Surprising Past Lives. Basically, it’s just a list of interesting things rappers were doing before their rap “fame.”
Here’s the list:
1. Tupac was a ballet dancer.
2. Prodigy was also into ballet.
3. Plies was a nurse.
4. Mike Jones was a phone assembly line operator.
5. Lil Wayne played Tin Man in a middle school production of “The Wiz”.
6. Rick Ross was a correctional officer.
7. Kanye West sold clothing at The Gap.
8. J. Cole was a bill collector.
9. 50 Cent competed as a Junior Olympian. He was a boxer.
10. KRS-One was a Hare Krishna . . . His influence, “Krishna” was shortened to “Kris,” which eventually transformed into his rap alias KRS-One.
11. Nicki Minaj served at Red Lobster.
12. Ice-T spent four years in the Army.
13. Ice Cube was an architect-in-training.
14. Big Sean was a Christian rapper.
15. Jadakiss delivered newspapers.
16. B.o.B worked as a Subway “sandwich artist.”
17. And Cappadonna was a taxi driver.